Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New issue today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JULIEinMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello new menber here ....
    So where do you read your SIP??

    I have a ritual ... a day or two before a new issue comes out I re read the last 2 issues.
    Then when I get a new issue (my Comic Guy is good enough to bag & board my stuff) I don't even peel open the bag umtil I get home & tell my house mates I'm going to take a LONG bath. I fill the tub light a couple of vanilla or cinnamon scented candels sink in & slowly pull my new issue out of its bag. wink AAhhh ... heaven!!
    Julie



    ------------------
    Julie
    I'm not Kissing you, I'm whispering in your mouth.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fallingstarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2001
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    frown Sigh!

    Would that we showed as much anticipation and enthusiasm for the important reoccuring events in our lives. (Just try to do the same ritual when paying the months bills!) wink

    My copy will be read in the much less serene surroundings of the subway on my way home from work this evening.


    ------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    I'll go to the comic book store during my lunch break and try not to get ketchup on the new issue while I eat.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Anaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got it... and read it in the car in the parkinglot nearly giving myself heatstroke on the sweltering savannah of asphalt and overheating my car so that I got to stand and gasp for another 15 min. while it cooled down... I like the bath idea better. I'm a pisces, me and water are like that <@>{ ~~~ <@>{ ~~~

  5. #5
    Inactive Member christinethebean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2001
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    welcome julie!

    i have a ritual of getting my new issue at the comicbook store, impatiently driving to a nearby taco bell, and reading the issue while i consume a 7-layer burrito. when i get a new issue of kabuki, i get chinese takeout, hehe

    ------------------
    within this calm sexy body beats the heart of a true scientist. ~ harry block

    bean's site

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Which brings up the question. Which would be worse to spill on a comic book, ketchup, sour cream, taco sauce, guacamole,...

    I'm sure dropping it in a bubble bath would be even worse.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member steffi_katchoo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my boyfriend and i are the most impatient people ever. i always read my book at noon on wednesday (on the way back from the comic store) and then mike takes the book with him to work. we've both read our SIP by 1:30 on the day it comes out. the only drawback to this system is that i always get a nasty case of motion sickness from reading in the car.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by christinethebean:
    when i get a new issue of kabuki, i get chinese takeout, hehe
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Guess ya don't eat much Chinese, huh bean? wink
    Ah, the curse of loving slow artists...

    I usually read it in the car in the parking lot if I have to wait until the end of the day, but if I pick it up on my(late) lunch break I eat and read. Back when Preacher was still going, SiP and Preacher would come out the same week alot, and watching me decide which to read first must have been like watching a dog sitting between two bowls of food biggrin

    Darth

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Anaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know I love hearing how I'm not the only one to devour my favorite comics in the car... and it's funny to because I got one of those "Silly laws that are still on the books" type thing and found out that it is illegal to read a comic book while driving in the state of Oklahoma... and why do people still think comics are for kids? And how is this more distracting the #@%&ing cel phones??
    Anaka the lawbreaker elf

  10. #10
    Inactive Member christinethebean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2001
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    kabuki issues aren't the only times i eat chinese food, but i do keep it a ritual when new ones do come out. since mack is still doing daredevil issues, might as well eat fondue for new issues, lol

    ------------------
    within this calm sexy body beats the heart of a true scientist. ~ harry block

    bean's site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •